Doctor insights on:
Soy Milk Benefits And Disadvantages
SoyMilk: I am not a fan of soy milk. Yes there are some benefits but studies from asia show that the people that benefit the most from soy are kids who have it all their lives. There was no real cancer protection from additional soy. The best soy comes from natural soy or very little processed soy such as edamame, soy nuts, tofu and tempeh. Try coconut or almond milk. ...Read more
All in moderation: The old saying "all things in moderation" is true. Too much of anything could, in theory, be bad for you. What do you consider a large quantity of soy milk? Is this balanced with a good diet? What age person is drinking "large quantities? " the most important thing to look for when buying soy milk is that it is organic and made from non-genetically engineered soy beans. ...Read more
What happens if my baby boy can't do dairy, but soy milk should be avoided. What should I give him?
Options: If You cannot breast feed, your son cannot use regular or soy based formulas there are what are called elemental formulas. Do not go to one of these formulas without talking to your pediatrician. I find that it is a rare infant that truly needs them and they are very expensive. (at least in my area) ...Read more
I'm 26 years old female I have under weight proplem can I have a 2 cups of soy milk everyday to gain weight without dangeres?
Yes: Drinking soy milk is ok, but this alone will not be enough to make you gain weight. ...Read more
Why drink soy?: Unless you are on certain medications (e.g. Doxycycline, thyroid supplements, etc) you probably don't need to time the soy milk intake. I would argue that you shouldn't be drinking soy milk everyday especially if you have history of thyroid disease. Soy (like other goitrogens) competes with thyroid hormone receptors in the body and may lead to low thyroid function. Why not try almond milk? ...Read more
Almond Milk: Yes it is better. Soy has ingredients you may not desire. ...Read more
Notparticularly: Not necessary for health.Get a more detailed answer ›
NO: Question if soy milk is in the same group as "milk, yogurt, cheese" group. NO. Soy milk is soy based, which is a different protein than cow's milk protein. Traditional milk, yogurt, and cheese are made from cow's milk. All these have alternative to cow's milk, such as soy, almond, coconut, etc. ...Read more
No: No, no known side effects. The claim of feminization is complete nonsense - never been proven. ...Read more
Cows milk vs soy: Lactaid milk is still cows milk with the same protein, vitamins, and calcium as regular cows milk, and is also lactose free. Soy milk is derived from soy beans, so it is also lactose free. It does not have the same protein content as cows milk. They are both good if you suffer from lactose intolerance. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- What are the hepatitis b vaccination and its advantages and disadvantages?
- The advantages disadvantages of natural artificial family planning
- Raw milk disadvantages
- What are the disadvantages of drinking soy milk?
- Advantages and disadvantages of artificial food preservatives
- The disadvantages of aloe vera
- The disadvantages of cinnamon
- The disadvantages of full cream milk
- The disadvantages of kefir
- The disadvantages of salting food
- What are the benefits disadvantages of hiking?
- What are the disadvantages of plantains?
- Black soy milk benefits
- Oatmeal benefits and disadvantages
- Advantages and disadvantages of drinking coca cola
- Advantage and disadvantages of eating honey with lemon water
- Advantages and disadvantages of drinking carrot juice
- Disadvantages and advantages of drinking whisky
- Endura mass advantage and disadvantage
- Milk soy