Doctor insights on:
Sore Tailbone Causes
Tailbone has been sore for a few days. No injury has caused it to be sore. Woke up this morning with it being bruised. What could it be?
2 weeks ago i fell ice, 4 days later i got a sore pimple type thing at the base of my tailbone its now spread & I have 4/5. Is it cause of the fall?
Inflammation: This could be due to localized inflammation, or an underlying problem with the bone (i.e. fracture, instability). You could try some anti-inflammatory meds (i.e. ibuprofen, Aleve) and ice/heat and topical treatments such as aspercreme or capsaicin cream. See a physician if your symptoms persist or worsen. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I've had a sore tailbone for about 2 months now. I just started sitting on a donut. Any thing else you would suggest?
Modified Cushion: When I have patients present with coccydynia or tail bone pain, I have them buy a piece of foam and cut a hole in it where there tail bone typically resides. This helps relieve pressure and pain. Strengthening pelvic floor muscles can also be helpful. A physical medicine doctor who specializes in pelvic floor treatment may be helpful. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can vomiting cause sore ribs?
- Can uti cause sore vagina?
- What causes recurrent sore spots inside both nostrils when under stress?
- Causes of sore nipple not due to breastfeeding
- Can having oral sex with someone who has a canker sore cause problems?
- What can cause the head to be sore to the touch?
- Causes of raw and sore vagina
- What causes cold sore under my nose?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free