Doctor insights on:
Sore Tailbone Causes
Tailbone has been sore for a few days. No injury has caused it to be sore. Woke up this morning with it being bruised. What could it be?
2 weeks ago i fell ice, 4 days later i got a sore pimple type thing at the base of my tailbone its now spread & I have 4/5. Is it cause of the fall?
Let me explian: Most likely not but take care them early before they cause more problems. Ask your doctor to take x-ray on the tail bone to see if it is broken. Good luck. ...Read more
Inflammation: This could be due to localized inflammation, or an underlying problem with the bone (i.e. fracture, instability). You could try some anti-inflammatory meds (i.e. ibuprofen, Aleve) and ice/heat and topical treatments such as aspercreme or capsaicin cream. See a physician if your symptoms persist or worsen. ...Read more
Could be sacroiliac: Joint dysfunction or coccyx injury. Sacroiliac joint is the largest joint in your spine and hurts in people with pelvic imbalance. Happens in people who sit improperly for long time. ...Read more
I have a blowup donut they gave me after I delivered. Would that be useful on a long flight if I have sore tailbone?
Yes.: It definitely can help.Get a more detailed answer ›
Get checked: Sometimes it just happens. Sometimes it follows trauma. Rarely it is caused by tumors and other serious problems. See your primary doctor, especially if it worsens or does not improve. ...Read more
I've had a sore tailbone for about 2 months now. I just started sitting on a donut. Any thing else you would suggest?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can vomiting cause sore ribs?
- Can uti cause sore vagina?
- What causes recurrent sore spots inside both nostrils when under stress?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can having oral sex with someone who has a canker sore cause problems?
- What can cause the head to be sore to the touch?
- Causes of raw and sore vagina
- What causes cold sore under my nose?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free