Doctor insights on:
Sore Tailbone Causes
Tailbone has been sore for a few days. No injury has caused it to be sore. Woke up this morning with it being bruised. What could it be?
2 weeks ago i fell ice, 4 days later i got a sore pimple type thing at the base of my tailbone its now spread & I have 4/5. Is it cause of the fall?
I've had a sore tailbone for about 2 months now. I just started sitting on a donut. Any thing else you would suggest?
Modified Cushion: When I have patients present with coccydynia or tail bone pain, I have them buy a piece of foam and cut a hole in it where there tail bone typically resides. This helps relieve pressure and pain. Strengthening pelvic floor muscles can also be helpful. A physical medicine doctor who specializes in pelvic floor treatment may be helpful. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Hard to say: There is a condition known as coccydynia, which means pain from the tailbone. In this condition, the tailbone is usually quite tender. It also may be coming from other structures in the area as well. Usually a detailed exam and appropriate studies can. Determine the cause. Thank you for the question. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can vomiting cause sore ribs?
- Can uti cause sore vagina?
- What causes recurrent sore spots inside both nostrils when under stress?
- Causes of sore nipple not due to breastfeeding
- Can having oral sex with someone who has a canker sore cause problems?
- What can cause the head to be sore to the touch?
- Causes of raw and sore vagina
- What causes cold sore under my nose?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free