Doctor insights on:
I heard lemon juice in water helps the liver. I have bottled lemon juice that contains some sodium bisulfite and sodium benzoate. Is this ok to use?
Lemon juice: I am not aware of the fact of lemon juice helping the liver. There are tons of claims made but not a signle one substantiated. ...Read more
2.4Gm/day: 2.4g/day-ideally 1.5g/day!Get a more detailed answer ›
Many causes: Hormone problems, sometimes related to infections, cancer, lung, heart or liver problems can cause the kidneys to retain extra water and dilute the sodium in the blood. Sometimes medications, or extreme drinking of water can lower sodium, too. Keep in mind that high sugar, cholesterol and protein levels can make the sodium seem low when it is really normal. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- The uses of sodium bisulfite
- The dangers of sodium bisulfite
- Sodium bisulfite side effects
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is sodium bisulfite safe?
- Health risks of sodium bisulfite
- Is sodium bisulfite harmful to your health?
- Potassium bisulfite as a food preservative
- Sodium bisulfite allergies