Top
20
Doctor insights on: Soap Swallowing

Share
1

1
What will happen if a child swallows soap?

What will happen if a child swallows soap?

Usually harmless: Most soaps are nontoxi. If you feel your child has ingested a significant amount, give them milk or water to dilute the soap. Call 911 for vomiting and diarrhea. ...Read more

See 1 more doctor answer
2

2
I think i swallowed soap i keep spittin up what looks like soap bubbles?

I think i swallowed soap i keep spittin up what looks like soap bubbles?

Bubbles The Clown?: Take a video & put it up on Youtube.Other than that, think of it as retribution for all of the times you've used profanity (or put jokes up on medical information sites).You say you think"you've swallowed soap.So let's assume it wasn't soap and you're still bubbling at the mouth.Hmmm,let's see,maybe you really just took an Alka Seltzer after gorging on a banana split.No worries, a little soap's OK ...Read more

3

3
Is palm olive ultra antibacterial dish soap hazardous if swallowed in large amounts?

Is palm olive ultra antibacterial dish soap hazardous if swallowed in large amounts?

More information: Dish soap and other topical antibacterial agents should not be ingested. Consult the label on the bottle for the manufacturer's warnings or consult your local poison control center. ...Read more

4

4
My 5 weeks old son accidentally swallowed baby soap during washing. Is it very harmful? I am very stressed

My 5 weeks old son accidentally swallowed baby soap during washing. Is it very harmful? I am very stressed

See remark: You mean swallowed soap bubbles and not a small bar of soap ????? nothing to worry about.Feed him whatever you are giving him with fluids.I was once told it may cause more loose bowel movement ... If in doubt,please call your pediatrician....... From what I see you have ,,take care of yourself young lady ...Read more

5

5
What will happen when i swallowed dishwashing soap accidentally?

What will happen when i swallowed dishwashing soap accidentally?

Depends: I would advise you not swallow dish washing soap. Depending on the chemical makeup of the soap you could suffer bad consequences. Most bar soaps are non toxic. But some soap can cause symptoms like diarrhea, vomiting, convulsions and decreased alertness. If you do accidently swallow dishwashing soap make sure you have the national poison control center telephone number handy. Watch those bubbles! ...Read more

6

6
My 8 month old sucked on a toy that had dish soap on it and swallowed some. She hasn't shown any weird symptoms of it bothering her. Should we worry?

My 8 month old sucked on a toy that had dish soap on it and swallowed some. She hasn't shown any weird symptoms of it bothering her. Should we worry?

No, dish soap is ok,: But the powder or pellets for the dishwasher are more caustic and can cause some mouth and esophageal irritation. ...Read more

7

7
I swallowed a teeny amount of soap .Is it dangerous?

Not to worry: A small amount of soap will not harm you. The stomach acid usually neutralizes small amounts of soap.Most bar soaps are considered harmless (nontoxic). ...Read more

9

9
Can you be sick from swallowing a bit of face wash and bar soap? Would you be sick immediately after or can it happen a day later?

Can you be sick from swallowing a bit of face wash and bar soap? Would you be sick immediately after or can it happen a day later?

Yes but minor: Your nervous system /gut are both wired to help you live...by making you vomit if you ingest something foul. That said, a bit of soap would seldom trigger that response unless it was particularly nasty tasting.The soap itself would cruise through your gut without problems. Some people take a related product for gas all the time.Don't loose sleep over this. ...Read more

See 1 more doctor answer
11

11
Is it bad 4 the body if I accident swallow some body wash soap about less than 1/3 of a thumb? plz help. I'm scared. plz help me. thanks.

Is it bad 4 the body if I accident swallow some body wash soap about less than 1/3 of a thumb? plz help. I'm scared. plz help me. thanks.

Should be ok : If it was normal shampoo that you can buy anywhere - unless you have some allergy to one of the ingredients, it should be ok. Try to stay away from putting the shampoo in the refrigerator though. Feel better & good luck! ...Read more

12

12
What will happen if a child swallows liquid hand soap?

What will happen if a child swallows liquid hand soap?

Diarrhea: The most common symptoms would be gastrointestinal upset, including diarrhea. You may also get some vomiting. To be safe, call poison control at 1-800-222-1222. ...Read more

13

13
My kid put several pieces of play dough made from flour and dish soap in his mouth. I'm not sure if he swallowed any. What should I do? I'm not in usa

My kid put several pieces of play dough made from flour and dish soap in his mouth. I'm not sure if he swallowed any. What should I do? I'm not in usa

It should pass: The components listed are not toxic in this amount and should not trigger any significant problem. Kind under 3 often explore the world by including taste as a factor. Bugs, pet food, toys, screws all have been ingested and will pass.The objects I worry about for such kids include button batteries & small magnets among others. ...Read more

15

15
What is a SOAP note?

What is a SOAP note?

Medical Note: S= subjective, O = Objective, A = Assessment & T = Plan. ...Read more

16

16
What are the advantages of lux soap?

Lux soap: Healthtap Doctors are asked not to endorse specific brands or product lines. ...Read more

20

20
I accidentally swallowed a dime. What should I do?

I accidentally swallowed a dime. What should I do?

Swallowing a Dime: Usualy a dime will pass through without any ill effects . Are you sure it was a dime - if it was a thin wafer-type battery it could cause lots of harm. ? ...Read more