Doctor insights on:
So Does A Person With Gout Always Need Crutches
Rarely: It is rare that a person with gout will need crutches. At times during the acute attack, especially involving the great toe or knee the joint is so painful that it is impossible to bear weight. This is usually treated with different medications or local cortisone injections. It is, therefore, possible that during the most acute part of an attack, within the first 24 hours, crutches may be used. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Medicines: Gout is mostly a clinical diagnosis meaning that it's usually diagnosed by a doctor based on a history and physical exam. If someone is diagnosed with gout they are usually given one medication to treat the inflammation and a different medication that tries to keep the flare-ups to a minimum. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Several.: Organ meats: liver, kidney, sweetbreads, heart, etc. Slow down on meat. Do not drink. Tart cherry juice can help. But when all is sai and done the cornerstone is treatment with Allopurinol or the newer uloric. Diet alone cannot match the efficacy of these drugs in preventing the over- synthesis of uric acid, the cause of gouty arthritis and uric acid nephropathy. Diet helps, but not good enough! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Highlevel predispose: Gout can occur where serum uric acid levels are as low as 6 mg/dl but an individual can have serum values as high as 9.6 mg/dl and not have gout. Depending on the lab normal range any level above 8 mg/dl is called hyperurecemia. The higher the level of uric acid the more likely you are to experience a gout attack but not necessarily. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does a person live with kidney failure?
- How does a person with schizoaffective disorder live a sort of normal life?
- What effect does altitude have on a person with sickle cell trait and why?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does a person with hypopituitarism live?
- Does a fetus with hydrocele need special tests or treatment?
- How long does a person with meningitis stay infectious?
- Does mrsa always begin with a skin wound or some sort?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free