Doctor insights on:
Smoking Pregnancy Cause Baby Aspiration Syndrome
1. The removal of a gas or fluid by suction. 2. The sucking of fluid or a foreign body into the airway when drawing breath. 3. A surgical technique used in the treatment of cataracts of the eye, in which an incision is made into the cornea, the lens capsule is severed, and the material of the lens is fragmented and ...Read more
If cushing's syndrome is undiagnosed during pregnancy what problems could the baby be born with? Could this cause pituitary dwarfism?
Not really.: Cushing's doe not appear to be terribly damaging to the fetus. Most complications seen from cushing's in pregnancy result from effects on the health of the mother, which can in turn affect the health of the developing fetus. Common maternal complication is high blood pressure, which can lead to pre-eclampsia, can also predispose to diabetes during pregnancy. Once born, babies are usually normal. ...Read more
Respiratory distress: Meconium is the production the baby expels from the colon and rectum that built up while in utero . When meconium is expelled in utero and the baby's first breath results in inhaling into the lungs, the baby cannot absorb oxygen well. Sometimes we can suction it from nose, mouth and trachea and the baby will be fine. Sometimes, it is so severe, the baby needs mechanical ventilation or ecmo. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have gilbert's syndrome & my wife is pregnant, is there any risk of pregnancy& baby and is there any medications must be addressed during pregnancy?
Gilbert syndrome: You neednt worry gilberts is more of a medical oddity and poses no problem. ...Read more
What are the possibility of having a Down syndrome baby for 45 y/o woman? 4th pregnancy and previous children are healthy.
Downs syndrome: The chances of having a downs syndrome baby at age 45 is1 in 30. ...Read more
If I decide to do a home birth, how do I know if my baby is at risk for meconium aspiration syndrome?
Can an ultrasound tell me if baby will have problems such as Down syndrome etc? If so in which month of pregnancy?
OB's offer 3 screens: 1st trimester combined test or 1st & 2nd trimester integrated test measure fetal nuchal, or neck, fold on FUS + levels of specific proteins & hormones in your blood. If risk of DS calculated from screen + your age at delivery, 1:350 if 35, 1:270 if 36, is high, choose an FUS for anatomical markers of DS + a cell-free fetal DNA blood test at > 10 wks. gestation or a more invasive diagnostic test. ...Read more
Aspiration: The amount of time spent in a nicu depends upon the severity of the aspiration ...Read more
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
More than 46 million, nearly 21% of adults in the United States, smoke, according to a 2010 report by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Smoking rates remained constant from 2005 - 2009. Smoking kills more than 5 million people a year worldwide, accounting for 1 out of ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Did smoking during pregnancy cause my baby to have meconium aspiration syndrome
- Does smoking cause fetal alcohol syndrome?
- Does shaken baby syndrome cause seizure disorder?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does smoking during pregnancy affect the baby?
- Can smoking during pregnancy cause a miscarriage?
- Causes of meconium aspiration syndrome
- Does eating peanuts in pregnancy cause baby peanut allergy?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online