Doctor insights on:
Two forms of smallpo: Historically there have been two forms of the disease. Variola major was the main form of the disease that caused all sorts of medical problems. Variola minor was much less common, much less severe, and only about 1% of all smallpox infections. There hasn't been a smallpox infection in the world since 1978, so you are unlikely to see either of these viruses. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Agree with Dr.Raff: It won't come back naturally as it has been eradicated. The American public has not received routine smallpox vaccinations since 1972. All natural sources of smallpox have been eradicated. According to the CDC, “The U.S. government has enough vaccine to vaccinate every person in the United States in the event of a smallpox emergency.” This is part of Emergency Prepared & Response. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Dreadfull illness: Adults with smallpox were dreadfully ill within days, bedridden with high fever and loss of energy. Since no wild cases have occurred in the US since 1949 and worldwide since 1977 you are not likely to catch this in your lifetime. See the CDC website for specific details. www.bt.cdc.gov/agent/smallpox/index.asp. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i pop my herpes blisters?
- Can jock itch blister?
- Should you pop the blister on a red ant bite
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Should i pop a spider bite blister
- Bug bites blister filled with clear fluid
- Toddler has swollen gums with blister mouth smells bad and has fever
- Cure for blister on the tip of my tongue
- Talk to a dermatologist online