Doctor insights on:
Don't know: This can't be diagnosed with the information that is available. A history, physical examination & other studies may be needed to determine cause/causes. ...Read more
I fell while skating and hurt my ankle pretty bad. This happened friday afternoon (5 days ago) at first i.Couldn't bare any weight but progressively I have been able start hobbling around. After too much use it begins to hurt. I wouldn't describe it as a
It's : It's impossible to know for sure how bad the injury is without an exam and (probably) some x-rays, but in general an ankle sprain that's bad enough to cause bruising (as yours has) is bad enough to be immobilized in a splint or cast and to be non-weightbearing for several weeks. The risk of doing nothing is that you could wind up with an ankle that is permanently unstable, so i would recommend that you see a doctor. Going to the er will probably cost a lot more than going straight to an orthopedic surgeon on a scheduled basis. I doubt he or she will just tell you to go with the rice method, though that will probably be part of your care. ...Read more
Hard to do, but.....: Preventing all falls is never possible, but stay in good aerobic condition and keep your equipment in good condition will help. The most important thing is to wear protective gear including wrist guards and a helmet. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to prevent foot pain while ice skating?
- Ice skating wrist achy swollen scaphoid fracture
- How to roller skate with bad knees?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to ice skate after a broken ankle?
- Winged scapula pain
- Ice skating after hip replacement
- The best ankle support for hockey skates
- Exercises to fix your winged scapula