Doctor insights on:
Simple Fracture Vs Compound Fracture
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Compound fracture: Depends. A compound fracture has bone fragments piercing the skin. Healing depends on the general health, the severity of the fracture, the surgery, whether there is damage to nerves and vessels along with other soft tissue, and the occurrance of any complications. Healing may be delayed due to many factors. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Crushing injuries: Major car crashes and industrial crushing injuries, fall from great height, and collision sports often result in coompound fractures--basically complete fracture of the bone with fragmentations at the fracture site--see picture. Live well. Live safely. Protect yourself. Protect your family. Good luck. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Surgical: Always surgical.Get a more detailed answer ›
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the typical healing time for a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula?
- How long will a compound wrist fracture take to heal?
- What is the main difference between a compound fracture and a contusion?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Bone bruise vs fracture
- How long will a compound fracture of the right forearm ache for?
- Compound fracture of the spine
- Recovery time after a compound femur fracture
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free