Doctor insights on:
Simple Fracture Vs Compound Fracture
See 2 more doctor answers
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Compound fracture: Depends. A compound fracture has bone fragments piercing the skin. Healing depends on the general health, the severity of the fracture, the surgery, whether there is damage to nerves and vessels along with other soft tissue, and the occurrance of any complications. Healing may be delayed due to many factors. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Open wound, fracture: Compound fractures are relatively easy to identify as they are open wounds with a broken bone at the opening. In addition to obvious trauma, pain, and bleeding, a compound fracture also causes the injured area to appear deformed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pressure : Like in a bad football or soccer accident or have a boat fall on you. Not a good thing to have your bone protrude through your skin! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See below: Keep weight off the area and elevate the fractured area. ...Read more
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the typical healing time for a compound fracture of the tibia and fibula?
- How long will a compound wrist fracture take to heal?
- What is the main difference between a compound fracture and a contusion?
- How long will a compound fracture take to heal?
- Bone bruise vs fracture
- How long will a compound fracture of the right forearm ache for?
- Compound fracture of the spine
- Stress fracture vs plantar fasciitis
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free