Doctor insights on:
Signs Of Teen Drug Abuse
Can drug abuse in the past cause hallucinations in the future for a teen, even when the drug abuse has stopped?
Lock your meds: You need to keep your medications locked in a safe out of general view. ...Read more
Many : Being withdrawn, falling grades, lying, being stealthy, sneakiness, stealing, losing friends, insubordination, truancy, disobedience, breaking curfew. Any of these in a kid who previously didn't have them is cause for concern. ...Read more
If someone is scratching their skin, sweating, hyper & has constricted pupils is this a sign of drug abuse?
Yes.: Drug abuse has been associated with a number of different mental health problems. Mood changes (depression, anger outbursts), impulsive behavior, psychosis, anxiety, social withdrawal, lack of motivation are all common consequences of drug abuse. There are studies that show specific mental health problems associated with certain drugs. ...Read more
Drug Abuse : In dsm-iv, this is a persistent, "maladaptive pattern of substance use leading to clinically significant impairment or distress." there are: failure to fulfill major role obligations at work, school, or home; recurrent drug use in physically hazardous situations (like driving); recurrent substance-related legal problems; & continued use despite social problems caused/worsened by the drug use. ...Read more
Wow, tough question!: That is a very difficult question to answer as drug abuse can vary on so many different levels with so many different drugs. Abuse of caffeine (yes, it's a drug) is much different than abusing cocaine, heroin or other illegal drug. A good start to figuring out whether you need to worry is if using the drug causes any consequences in your life. If so, then yes, i would say you need to worry. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the signs of alcohol abuse in a teen?
- Signs and symptoms of drug abuse and drug addiction
- Are hooded eyelids a symptom of drug abuse?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Would a pelvic exam show signs of sexual abuse that happened years ago
- Are drugs and alcohol a main cause of teen pregnancies?
- 2009 statistics of child abuse alcohol drug abuse
- Signs and symptoms of drug addicted babies
- Talk to a pediatrician online