Doctor insights on:
Signs And Symptoms Of Black Mold Exposure
Hello I've been having all the symptoms of black mold exposure. Lately it's been getting worst. Chest pains and it's very hard to breathe. Everybody thinks I'm crazy when their is visible black mold on my walls. What should I do?
Allergic: Black mold is a known allergen. The symptoms you describe sound like asthma. This is a condition that must be treated. There are other common elements that can cause your symptoms like dust mites. You need to get the black mold and dust removed ASAP and make where you live safe for a patient with asthma. First and foremost you must get medication for your asthma and allergies today. Se MD for eval ...Read more
Mold is also known as fungus or in some cases yeast. Fungal spores are very small and tend to be found in compost, barns/farms, hay, grass and damp basements. Some fungal spores are more likely to be associated with "dry" v. "wet" environments. When inhaled, mold spores can lead to many disorders including asthma, allergic rhinitis, hypersensitivty pneumonitis, ...Read more
Not: likely because inhaled spores will be addressed by immune cells in your trachea and lung, while not directly affecting your immune cells in your gut lining. ...Read more
Concentration problems, headaches, and other neurologcial symptoms from toxic black mold exposure, what to do?
Move: Then go through the usual clean up,if possible. Mold has a terrible effect on some people, so get out first, and then deal with the building and all the vicissitudes of undoing and redoing your environment. There are agencies (OSHA) that can help if you have trouble with landlords.. ...Read more
~1yr black mold exposure unaware. Sinus symptoms 3 mo. Now had acute exposure; can nasal irrigation push spores deeper&risk dangerous fung infx? Or good2do?
Should be fine: Most sinus/respiratory symptoms related to mold exposure are due to an allergic type reaction as well as irritating toxins. Using irrigation to clear out the spores would help with both of these problems. Serious "invasive" fungal infections of the sinuses are rare and occur in people who have uncontrolled diabetes or severely suppressed immune systems. "Black mold" does not cause these infections ...Read more
Varies: This would vary depending on the sensitivity of the person involved with the dose of the exposue being a factor as well. I would expect that removal of all exposure to the black mold as well as providing for elimination of other inciting factors such as dust, dustmites for symptoms to be resolved within 2 to 4 weeks if not sooner. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What's a more efficient text that I can take for the black mold exposure? Thanks you! I'm really sick and trying to get some answers.
Allergy consult: The toxic effects from "black mold"exposure are often exaggerated. A certain percentage of people exposed to it may develop asthma, hay fever, sinus infections recurrent pneumonia and etc. The best treatment is to move out of the place where the black mold has been found until the problem has been fixed. If problem continues, see an allergist who can help you in pinpointing the cause and Rx. ...Read more
Keep house dry: Black mold (in most cases aspergillus and penicillium), accumulate when there is excessive water and humidity. In most cases it is due to a flood, natural or water leaking fro pipes or rain. Exposure for a short period is usually harmless. Longer or exposure to extreme concentrations will cause health effects. Affected areas have to be professionally cleaned and the cause corrected. ...Read more
Remove the mold!!!: Like with much of what we do we make make various assumptions based upon associations. What can be done is test for presence of mold, test for allergic/ige sensitivity to mold, also for hypersensitivity/igg to mold. Removal of mold is essential and response to this removal can suggest that the mold was responsible. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Molds consist of airborn spores and spreading forms (hyphae) growing on surfaces. Several species are black including stachybotrys and aspergillus. Black mold ingestion has been associated with a toxic syndrome with brain and blood disorders. Most patients do not ingest black mold so the correlation with their ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Exposure to black mold symptoms
- Signs and symptoms of mold exposure
- What are the symptoms of black mold exposure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Symptoms of black mold exposure in children
- Signs and symptoms of toxic mold exposure
- Signs and symptoms of black mold poisoning
- Black mold exposure test
- Talk to an allergist online for free