Doctor insights on:
Side Effects Of Prednisone In The Elderly
Prednisone is a synthetic cortisone. The body makes cortisone, a natural hormone made in adrenal glands. The body converts it to Hydrocortisone to become active. 25 mg of cortisone has about same effect as 5 mgm prednisone. The average person would produce 3-6 mg of pred daily. So why use a substitute? The synthetic has more anti-inflammatory effect; but has less effect ...Read more
Very few: Short courses of Prednisone or Medrol are commonly used for a a variety of conditions like acute gout, poison oak, and allergic reactions. Since the treatment is less than a week, there are few potential problems. Some patients have a little insomnia or anxiety with the higher doses given in the first few days of the pack. ...Read more
How long do the side effects of prednisone last? It caused a bad rash (check the possible side effects if u don't believe me) and it won't go away.
Dose dependent: It is usually a few days. Everybody reacts differently. Sorry. If you feel your breathing worsening or heart fluttering you will want to be checked. Some concern is why were you started on the steroid and is this a reaction or symptom of the problem that was coming. Just be safe. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Side effects of dialysis in the elderly
- The side effects of iron supplements in the elderly
- The side effects of shingles in the elderly
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Side effects of taurine in the elderly
- Side effects of kidney dialysis in elderly patients
- What are the side effects of of letting a guy nut in your mouth?
- Side effects of urinary tract infection in elderly
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free