Doctor insights on:
Side Effects Of Prednisone
How long do the side effects of prednisone last? It caused a bad rash (check the possible side effects if u don't believe me) and it won't go away.
Dose dependent: It is usually a few days. Everybody reacts differently. Sorry. If you feel your breathing worsening or heart fluttering you will want to be checked. Some concern is why were you started on the steroid and is this a reaction or symptom of the problem that was coming. Just be safe. ...Read more
Prednisone is a synthetic cortisone. The body makes cortisone, a natural hormone made in adrenal glands. The body converts it to Hydrocortisone to become active. 25 mg of cortisone has about same effect as 5 mgm prednisone. The average person would produce 3-6 mg of pred daily. So why use a substitute? The synthetic has more anti-inflammatory effect; but has less effect ...Read more
Very few: Short courses of Prednisone or Medrol are commonly used for a a variety of conditions like acute gout, poison oak, and allergic reactions. Since the treatment is less than a week, there are few potential problems. Some patients have a little insomnia or anxiety with the higher doses given in the first few days of the pack. ...Read more
I was prescribed prednisone 20mg two tablets daily for five days. Will this give me bad side effects even though I haven't been taking it very long ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Common side effects of prednisone
- Bad side effects of prednisone
- Side effects of prednisone anti inflammatory drug
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Side effects of prednisone in men
- Side effects of prednisone bed wetting
- How long does it take for side effects of prednisone to go away?
- Any side effects of arimidex
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free