Doctor insights on:
Side Effects Of Adriamycin Cytoxin And Taxol
Had an ultrasound that showed the liver to be slightly heterogeneous. Can that be due to past chemo therapy with Adriamycin, Cytoxan and Taxol?
Can you tell me about the long term side effects from the chemotherapy drugs adriamycin and cytoxin?
TWO MAJOR ONES: Adriamycin and Cytoxan is a great combination regimen used in breast cancer. The major long term side effects for both of these drugs is secondary leukemias, risk is around 1%. For adriamycin there is a concern for cardiotoxicity, but risk rises with cumulative dose. Risk is less than 10%. Patients get an echocardiogram or muga scan prior to therapy to evaluate heart status. Talk to your md. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Numerous: According to the package insert, the following are possible side effects of taxol to the skin: 1) yellowing or darkening of the skin 2) severe redness or swelling, severe irritation, a hard lump, or skin changes where the injection was given 3) easy bruising or red pinpoint spots under your skin 4) pale skin 5) temporary hair loss 6) numbness, tingling, or burning 7) nail changes. ...Read more
Chemotoxicity: ABRAXANE is an Injectable suspension of paclitaxel , a derivative of Taxol formulated as albumin-bound nanoparticles with a mean particle size of approximately 130 nanometers and sodium acetyltryptophanate . Toxicity of taxol and abraxane are similar and present with numbness, tingling, pain, or weakness in hands or feet; Sudden chest pain or discomfort, wheezing dry cough, Low WBC and fever. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Side effects of adriamycin and cytoxan
- What are common side effects of barium swallow and barium meal tests?
- Side effects of taking wellbutrin and celexa
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Side effects of vyvanse and alcohol
- Side effects of muscle relaxers and alcohol
- What are the side effects of tuberculosis medicines such as rifampin and inh?
- Bone and teeth side effects of antibiotics
- Talk to an oncologist and hematologist online for free