Doctor insights on:
Essentially allergies occur when your immune system goes crazy and decides to has to fight against things it should be ignoring. The immune system of people without allergies simply ignores the pollen in the air or the dander on their cat while an allergic person's immune system creates cells to fight against the pollen or dander. The allergic reaction causes the ...Read more
Long, long time: Shrimp allergies tend to persist compared to other food allergies. Even when cooked, the major shrimp allergen is resistant to heat. Shrimp (and other shellfish) are more likely to cause severe allergic reactions like anaphylaxis. The major shrimp allergen called tropomyosin (in the meat/muscle) can cross react with house dust mite. The reaction has nothing to do with iodine. ...Read more
Seafood allergy: Epinephrine auto injector such as Epipen Adrenaclick or auvi-q, at least 2. Anti-histamines for skin reactions. Any rescue medications if you have underlying asthma. All medications you are taking regularly. A medic alert bracelet or anaphylaxis action plan describing the allergy/ treatment. Emergency contact info. If traveling abroad, cards with images or words about food restrictions. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Shrimp allergy treatment
- Sudden swelling right side of neck had shrimp no known allergy what shoukd i do
- Shrimp allergy symptoms
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Could i have vyvanse allergy
- Any help with horse allergy
- How long does it take a rash due to a penicillin allergy to clear?
- Can seasonal allergies cause a feeling of throat tightness?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free