Doctor insights on:
Should You Take Expired Pepcid
Probably but why?: With generic versions available, it is cheap enough to not to worry over the cost. I am unaware of expired Pepcid causing harms although it may be less effective. The us army had done some study on this issue and found that many but not all drugs could be used for , i believe, a few more years after the expiration date. ...Read more
Probably: Most medications stored in dry and cool condition remain effective even months after the expiration date but obviously this is dependent on the individual drug. At 8 months of pregnancy, the fetus is fully formed and thus Pepcid AC would not likely affect the fetus and will likely remain effective if it has been stored in a cool and dry place. No drug be taken if unneeded. ...Read more
I took 2 Tums an hour ago and need further relief. All i have is Pepcid AC that expired 2 years ago. Am i doing more harm than good if i take it?
Abdominal pain: Do NOT take expired medications, 2 years is very old, may be more harm then good. If abdominal pain milk has calcium,a neutralizer. Calcium is the main ingredient in tums( if lactose intolerant this won't work).Can also try baking soda-1/2 teaspoon in a cup warm water but only take 2-3 times a day for 1 day. In the morning you can get new pepcid in a pharmacy.F/U today with doc/urgent care ...Read more
Yes: Most medicines may still work years after the expiration date, but the effect may be weak or unpredictable. There are few medications that never should be taken after the expiration date ( example : : tetracyclines. Avoid liquid antibiotics, insulin, & nitroglycerine).If the expiration date passed a few years ago and it's important that your drug is absolutely 100% effective get a new bottle. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How much pepcid can I take per day? I'm am to take 20 mg twice a day. How long do i have to wait in between?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you take prilosec and pepcid together?
- Why should you not take advil on an empty stomach?
- Should you take cymbalta in the morning or at night
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it ok to take expired pepcid?
- What is the limit of benadryl allergy pills you should take as an adult?
- Should you take pepto bismol for food poisoning
- How long should you wait to take allergy pills after drinking alcohol?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online