Doctor insights on:
Should You Sleep In The Same Bed As Someone With A Stomach Virus
It is ok: It is ok as long as you are not being exposed to his secretions/excrement. ...Read more
I just got over a stomach virus now my husband has it. Is it safe for me to sleep in the same bed, will I catch it again?
Safe: you gave it to himGet a more detailed answer ›
5y/o son had stomach virus on 11/5-11/6. Every night since he wakes & vomits 1x then back to sleep and fine the next morning. He had reflux as a baby.
Follow up: let it go a week, before you take child for eval. In the meantime if this is all and nothing getting worse, I wouldn't worry much. Zmd ...Read more
If you have recovered from a stomach virus what are the odds of contracting the same virus 2 days later from someone?
Possibly: This could happen.Get a more detailed answer ›
Viral life: Most virus do not live outside a host for more than a few hours. It would be rare to find them on a bed sheet or clothing. Common viruses are spread by contact from host to host. An example is the flu; infected individuals can spread the flu virus from the day before they begin to feel ill until 3–7 days after the start of flu symptoms. ...Read more
Usually yes: If you practice good hygiene (don't share food or drinks, wash hands frequently, etc.) the chances of contagion are low in most cases. If someone is immunocompromised or chronically ill, extra precautions or isolation should be observed. Some viruses which cause vomiting may be spread via the respiratory tract, but that is not as common. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: The degree of illness depends on many different factors. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When should you sleep in the same bed again with stomach virus
- Can you get the same stomach virus twice?
- Is it safe to be around someone with a stomach virus?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Should someone with sleep apnea take hydrocodone
- Must you have the same blood type to give a kidney to someone in need
- When should baby start sleeping in toddler bed
- What should you do if someone has a stroke?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free