Doctor insights on:
Should You Go To Work If Diagnosed With Pink Eye
It depends: "pink eye" is a very broad term describing infectious and non-infectious conjunctivitis. If you have an eye infection, then control of its spread is important. If your eye is red due to blepharitis or other non-infectious cause you may go back to work despite the cosmetic appearance. Best to ask your eye doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not usually: Most are viral ; very contagious. I would recommend you discuss this with your treating physician. ...Read more
Best not to: This could be a viral infection and they can transmit it to kids easily. ...Read more
Woke up with crusty stuff on eye. It's a little red and itching. Is this pink eye? If so how contageous? Should i go to work?
Chill: The inflammation of the conjunctiva (whites of the eye) can be treated with artificial tears that have been chilled in the refrigerator. Ice can be used to help the swelling around the eye to go down. The viruses that cause pink eye have a very high attack rate (this means they are highly contagious). Be very careful not to transmit the virus to your colleagues and family. Therefore, chill! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- If you have pink eye should you go to work
- If you have pink eye should you go to school
- Can you go to work with pink eye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I woke up this morning with pink eye when can i go back to work
- Should you go to work with strep throat
- Can i go to work if i have pink eye?
- Can i go to work with pink eye?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free