Doctor insights on:
Should Women Be Concerned About Cancer Of The Uterus
If you're at risk: You should be concerned if you have significant risk for uterine cancer that will include- excessive unopposed estogen therapy, on tamoxifen or other estrogen replacement, obesity, never pregnant, history of breast cancer, familial cancer such as breast/ovarian sydnrome, familial colon cancer etc. Recommend to have annual papsmear, regular f/u and further discussion with your gynecologist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I am female of age 48. I had uterus cancer. Dr removed my uterus and filipine tubes. Now I had urine infection with pus cells 50-60% and contains equali. What should I do? Is it a cause of concern?
I am female, age 48. I had uterus cancer. Dr removed uterus and filipine tubes. Now I had urine infection with pus cells 50-60% and contains equali.
My mother had cancer of the uterus Does this affect her daughter. Is uterine infections and lead to cancer?
No: This has no real familial tendency. Cancer of the uterine cervix is usually caused by HPV, a subtle infection, and can be prevented by early detection of the premalignant state by pap smears. Cancer of the endometrium is unrelated to any known infection. Some other rare cancers are seldom familial. Thanks for asking. Best wishes to all of you. ...Read more
Yes: Tamoxifen has been shown to increase the risk of uterine cancer, not unlike estrogen replacement therapy, with an incidence of ~1:500. However, this is almost-always caught at its earliest stage, with very high cure rates. If you compare the benefit of tamoxifen for either treating or preventing breast cancer compared to this risk, the benefit far outweighs the risk. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Does having cancer of the uterus or cervix cause burning in vagina and low back pain?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When should i be concerned enough about my hives to go to the er
- The left side of one of my breasts is sore to the touch should i be concerned
- Should i be concerned if one of my testicles is much larger than the other
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Should i be concerned about dark brown vaginal discharge in the first trimester
- I wnt flaccid in the middle of having sex how concerned should i be
- Should i be concerned about vaginal discharge in the 2nd trimester
- Should i be concerned about pain in my lower right side of my back
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free