Doctor insights on:
Should Someone With Sleep Apnea Take Hydrocodone
Hydrocodone or dihydrocodeinone is a semi-synthetic opioid derived from two naturally occurring opiates: Codeine or thebaine. It is an orally active narcotic analgesic and antitussive. It is available in tablet, capsule, and syrup form. It is used to treat moderate to severe pain or as an antitussive to treat cough. Hydrocodone affects pain by ...Read more
Not typically: Imovane is a central nervous system depressant prescribed as a sleep aid medication (. Because imovane can worsen symptoms of respiratory disorders, people with sleep apnea, emphysema, asthma or bronchitis may not be able to safely take imovane. Never take any sleep aid without the supervision of a physician. ...Read more
If someone has 'hypoxemia' and is receiving oxygen, why would they need to be tested for sleep apnea? Wouldn't the oxygen take care of the apnea?
FATIGUE WITH OSA: Provigil/ nuvigil/adderal/Ritalin/Starttera. Start a gluten free diet WEIGHT LOSS IS CRITICAL .Wholeapproach.com gutbliss.com. If CPAP or BIPAP is poorly tolerated seek ENT CONSULT for UPP/ vs Hyoid suspension. Limit use of sedatives/hypnotics like Benadryl /ambien/lunesta/rozerem. D/W your doctor all options if RLS is present neurontin/Topamax may help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Should you sleep in the same bed as someone with a stomach virus
- How much sea kelp should someone with an underactive thyroid take?
- What allergy medication can someone with high blood pressure take?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Should i take probiotics with diflucan
- Can you take allergy medicine with hydrocodone?
- Can you take ibuprofen with hydrocodone?
- Can a kid take melatonin with vyvanse to help them sleep?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free