Doctor insights on:
Should My Nose Be Swollen For Awhile After A Deviated Septum Surgery
Usually not.: Unless you specifically request (and pay for) cosmetic changes to your nose, deviated septum surgery corrects the internal deformity of your septum. Severe septal injury can also involve externally-visible nasal deformity, and proper repair may involve more than septoplasty alone--this would be called septo-rhinoplasty, and is often considered reconstructive and not cosmetic in nature. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Possible: Regular septal surgery shouldn't change the shape if the surgery was done just to correct a deviation due to obstruction. Sometimes the nasal bones or the cartilages of the tip are modified, usually for cosmetic reasons along with fixing the deviated septum.This is called a septorhinoplasty. If too much cartilage is removed, the bridge can sag leading to a "saddle nose" not a good thing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
May straighten nose : If the deviated septum is contributing to any crookedness in your nose, correcting this deviation will likely change your nose's appearance by making it look straighter. Otherwise, since the septum is on the inside of the nose, septoplasty surgery has little effect on the nose's appearance. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Check with ENT : Each surgery is different. Your ENT or plastic surgeon can give you an idea of how long a/he believes you should be in pain, how long b4 you can resume normal level activity, and when you should see optimal results. (Typically 1 week until back to work, one month to resume all activity, one year until all swelling is resolved) -- but the best way to know is ask ur doc! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Crooked nose: A deviated septum can contribute to the appearance of a crooked nose but correcting the septal deviation may not be enough to straighten your nose. Have your nose evaluated by a board certified facial plastic surgeon. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal for my hand to be swollen after hand surgery?
- Should i be worried about getting a bloody nose a week after my tonsillectomy
- How long will a knee be swollen after acl and meniscus surgery typically?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal after cataract surgery for my eyes to be tired?
- Why would my hand be swelling after a rotator cuff surgery?
- Is it okay for the skin on my hand to be peeling after having hand surgery?
- Should my foot still be swollen after 2 weeks
- Talk to a plastic surgeon online for free