Doctor insights on:
Should Medical Professional Withhold Pain Medication From Addicts And Alcoholics
Differences by state: Each state has its own procedure, so you would need to check with the magistrate in your area. Generally for commitment, the person needs to be both mentally ill and dangerous to self or others. Alcohol and drug abuse may or may not meet these criteria. In some states, "gravely disabled" (judgment is so impaired that the person is incapable of accepting treatment) substitutes for mentally ill. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What happens if a drug addict, alcoholic, smoker was in a comer for 12 months - would he crave on waking up?
Addict after coma?: Without treatment, a coma, which would create a situation of forced abstinence, would NOT treat addiction. It may allow someone to avoid withdrawal. Of course, they would also have the added trauma of recovery from a 12 month coma. Specific treatment to address addiction, which may include psychotherapy, motivational techniques, 12 step, meds, & more is needed 4 addiction treatment. ...Read more
Can you tell me if a drug addict, alcoholic, smoker was in a comer for 12 months - would he crave on waking up?
About connection?: I'm wondering whether u might b referring 2 therapy that focusses on helping the person struggling w/substance abuse/addiction 2deal w/ her/his sense of connectedness 2others ... His/her attachments 2people. It's common 4them 2have lived portions of their lives feeling disconnected or even alienated from others and even from themselves - esp. From their own emotions. See http://amzn.To/12mjvam. ...Read more
Be very careful: Glad you want to help. Nowadays it is dangerous to try to help other people's children because of possible legal liability. Become involved with an organization that reaches out to all kids, especially these -- this is one of the major reasons that i support amateur boxing. Work only on providing a safe environment and useful skills, and don't be a counselor if you don't have the expertise. ...Read more
Are there ways to treat narcolepsy for a recovering alcoholic and drug addict? I am both, and taking amphetamines is not an option.
In 2 years i shifted from a drug addict and alcoholic to a healthy strong bodybuilder who east healthy. getting married tomorrow,okey to drink alcohol?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why should iron supplements be taken at a different time from other medications?
- Medications to relieve facial neuralgia pain from shingles
- When should i unwrap the medical tape from my sprained wrist
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If i threw up my pain medication how long should i wait till i can take more
- What should i do with extra pain killers from surgery?
- What should i do to prevent tailbone pain from my wheelchair?
- Should i take ibuprofen to get rid of pain from eye swelling
- Talk to an addiction specialist online for free