Doctor insights on:
Should I Wear My Oxygen In The Shower
NO O2 tank OK conc.: The faa does not allow travelers to carry their own oxygen tanks or liquid oxygen aboard commercial aircraft. Instead, most patients can use a department of transportation approved battery-powered portable oxygen concentrator. Airlines landing in the United States are now required to allow use of these devices throughout the flight. ...Read more
Hypoxic drive: In most patients with advanced chronic obstructive lung disease, chronic hypoxia (low oxygen levels) stimulates their drive to breathe at a faster rate to provide enough oxygen(o2) to the body. Giving supplemental o2 takes away this hypoxic drive that maintains their minute ventilation, thereby risking them going into respiratory failure, especially if their disease is advanced & they have bad pft. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not usually: COPD is a problem with the ability of the lungs to expel air, which causes poor oxygenation. People with COPD are often treated with oxygen; however, if supplemental oxygen levels are too high it can cut off a person's ability to trigger their own breathing mechanism. If the disease is severe you actually may not be able to survive without the use of oxygen. ...Read more
Why is oxygen supplementation not suppose to be dialed up higher, with an obstructive lung disease patient?
Can stop breathing: In the late stages of emphysema or copd, patients do not respond normally to stimuli that make normal patients breathe. They only keep breathing in response to low oxygen in their bloodstreams. If they are given too much oxygen, their systems think that they don't need to breathe and they can actually breathe less or stop breathing. This is a rare problem. Oxygen helps most emphysema patients. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
If the oxygen finger sensor showers good oxygen level. Does that mean your getting good oxygen to you brain as well?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What should i do if i wet my diabetic foot ulcer bandage in the tub or shower?
- Should i always wear water shoes when bathing to avoid slipping in the shower
- How often should i check for the iud string in my vagina?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have a brown spot in my left eye will it go away or should i see the doctor
- Should i go to the doctor if i have a broken blood vessel in my eye
- Should i drink coffee after taken my medicine in the morning
- Should i see doctor about pain in the middle of my chest and what could it be
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free