Doctor insights on:
Should I Wake My Baby Up To Feed
No: Infants have variable feeding patterns/timing and if they are gaining weight appropriately they can be allowed to feed on their pattern, unless it is too frequent. In general an average of every 3-4 hours is typical. In addition waking a baby to eat is easy but keeping them awake when they want to sleep is more difficult. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
My baby is 4 1/2 months. . She sleeps for 9 hours straight at night before she wakes up to feed. Normal? Or shall i wake her up?
How can I avoid feeding after my baby turned 3 months old? If he wake up at 3am should I feed him?
I'm feeding my baby 4 oz. of formula every 3 hours. If she doesn't wake up before then during the day, do I need to wake her up? She sleeps after.
Depends on her age: If your baby is less than a month old, I would recommend trying to feed her on a semi-regular basis every 3-4 hours. She may not realize that she's hungry, and may sleep so long that she is famished when she wakes. That may lead her to try to overeat. After the first month, I usually let the baby set the schedule, sleep longer through the night, and make up for it during the day. ...Read more
4 m old bf baby goes to bed 9 -10 pm wakes 1:30-2 pm for a feed then wakes again about 5am. Friends formula baby sleeps 9 hrs and says there's a prob?
No: Generally, once an infant starts to sleep through the night (around 2 months) it is not necessary to wake the baby up to feed him/her, assuming the baby feeds well during the day, is wetting several diapers a day, appears healthy, and is growing well. It is important not to interrupt a healthy baby's sleep/wake cycle. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Having 25 days old baby.he wakes every 2 to 3 hrs for feed.sometimes he sleeps more than that.Should i wake him for feeding or leave till he wakes ?
Depends: If your baby is healthy and has passed up his birthweight then he can go longer between feedings, especially overnight. It's best to take feeding cues from baby unless there is a concern for illness. Your baby's doctor will follow his weight and growth carefully at his regular well visits too. Good luck to you! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What should i feed my nine to twelve month old baby?
- How long should my uti take to clear up after i start antibiotics?
- At night i wake up to my hips hurting what causes this
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If my newborn throws up should i feed again
- What should i do if my baby takes antibiotics and throws up immediately?
- Should i take my baby to the doctor if she has a fever over 100 degrees
- What should i do if my 6 month baby does not want to drink any form of formula?
- Should i wake my baby to feed her