Doctor insights on:
Should I Wake My Baby Up To Feed
No: Infants have variable feeding patterns/timing and if they are gaining weight appropriately they can be allowed to feed on their pattern, unless it is too frequent. In general an average of every 3-4 hours is typical. In addition waking a baby to eat is easy but keeping them awake when they want to sleep is more difficult. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
When can babies move to fformula as 3 week grandaughter is hungry baby and wakes regularly for feeds?
At night times my 12 weeks old infant will not wake up to breast feed, 5 hours gap ll b there for last breastfeed. Any problem to baby's nutition?
Not if baby is fine: We (doctors, moms, dads, neighbors, etc.) all want babies to sleep through the night by the time they are 3 months old. Parents with babies who sleep through the night are lucky parents. As long as a baby is growing fine on his measurements at the check-ups, and is healthy, parents don't need to wake up a sleeping baby at night. ...Read more
Common finding: They do what they do.Some are lazy relaxed feeders and some are aggressive barracudas.Some are bored with the process and want to do something else. You just work through it. ...Read more
Y feed babies solids at 6 months if they are fine starting at 4? And used to feed at 4 for centuries
Unfortunately NO: Breastmilk is nature's perfect food for babies; formula is not nearly as good. Breastfed babies have better immune function (less infections), less chance of dying in their first year, lower risk of allergies, Type 1 diabetes and obesity and better cognitive development. Moms who breast feed lose more weight, have less depression & breast cancer! PLEASE BREASTFEED! See http://tinyurl.com/o85tl7j ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Time: 15-20 min on each breast.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- If baby spits up should i feed again
- What should my blood sugar be when i wake up?
- Should i wake up my child at night if he has a fever
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If my newborn throws up should i feed again
- If my newborn spits up should i feed her again
- How long should i feed my baby gerber cereal for babies?
- My toddler wakes up at 4 am and watches tv is that okay what should i do
- Should i wake my baby to feed at night