Doctor insights on:
Should I Use Regular Glasses Or Contact Lenses If I Have Mild Astigmatism
Depends: If very mild, you can live with the slight distortion if you have no other refractive problems (myopia or hyperopia). Both glasses and contact lenses can correct astigmatism which is an ovalness of the eye corrected by a reverse oval in the glasses or contacts. Which to use is a personal choice. If needed only occasionally, glasses are the best. If you like the clarity all the time, try contac. ...Read more
How old should I be to get an eye surgery? I have astigmatism and i'm getting tired of using glasses and contact lenses
Vision surgery: There is no set age limit for when you can get laser corrective surgery (e.g., lasik, lasek, prk), but generally speaking it's best to have your eyeglass prescription stabilize (not change) for at least a year. That way your eyes will be less likely to outgrow this rather expensive surgery. You should also be screened by a refractive surgeon to determine if you are a good candidate for surgery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What to do if I have astigmatism. is it okay for me to wear fancy contact lenses (without grades) ?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i use my glasses prescription for contact lenses?
- What is an astigmatism and will i eventually need glasses if it is just mild?
- Can i use eye drops with contact lenses?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i go straight to contact lenses without ever wearing glasses?
- When should i change the cleaning solution in the contact lens case
- Can i use contact lens solution as eye drops?
- Can i use contact lenses instead of my very thick spectacles?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free