Doctor insights on:
Should I Take Amoxicillin For Salmonella
Salmonellosis: Salmonellosis is, in most individuals, a self-limited illness with fever and several days of (usually) non-bloody, non-mucus-contaning, watery diarrhea. Individuals with a higher risk of more severe illness and possible mortality are infants, the elderly and immunocompromised people. Most cases resolve before the stool culture is positive and Ampicillin (or amoxicillin) resistance is not rare. ...Read more
I am wondering what a ped or id specialist would recommend for recurrent salmonella in 3 month old. Previously treated with amoxicillin.?
No it is not unless : It is not a good idea without knowing what is the cause of food poisoning or if it is salmonella proved by culture watery poop can be due to many reasons.The commonest is viral infection, next e coli infection, or shigella most of these infections are self limiting, and all you need is fluids to prevent the dehydration antibiotics should only be taken if prescribed by your physician after culture don. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Amoxicillin dosing: That is a question for the doctor who prescribed the Amoxicillin for you. You should not be taking old medicine or someone else's medicine. The dose would vary according to what you are being treated for and there are sometimes other factors to take into account, as well. ...Read more
Large dose: That's quite a large dose of amoxicillin - although not really harmful. You might have some GI symptoms - nausea or cramps. The good thing, however, is the medication is not very toxic AND it has a very short half-life which means it would wash out of your system quite quickly. It is important to know more about the CIRCUMSTANCES of this incident -so I hope you would talk to a doctor right away. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How should i take acidophilus with amoxicillin?
- How much liquid amoxicillin should i take?
- How long should i take amoxicillin for uti?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Salmonella has given me bad diarrhea should i take imodium
- How long should i take amoxicillin for tooth infection?
- How much amoxicillin should i take for abcess toothe?
- How much amoxicillin should i take for a tooth abcess?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online