Doctor insights on:
Should I Stay In The Room While My Daughter Gets Her First Pelvic Exam
Physical exam involving examination of the outside of the female genitalia (vulva), the inside (vagina) , as well as an examination of the cervix, uterus, tubes, ovaries, and tissue around the uterus (parametria). A bimanual exam then involves 2 fingers in the vagina with the other hand on the abdomen. A rectovaginal exam is one finger inthe vagina, one finger in the rectum with ...Read more
My daughter is a virgin and has had serious itching around/on vagina only when she itches red bumps appear around her vagina no needles or pelvic exam?
My daughter has been diag with prob PCOS 2 prev unrelated miscarriage low levels of progesterone dr wants to do a pelvic exam during her period why?
In bimenual pelvic exam of daughter, how doctor check labia minora and majora & anus internally-not externally by inserting 2 fingers in vaginal wall?
Please Clarify: I am sorry, but I do not get the question or the concern. Please explain what you are worried about. Do you think the doctor missed something? ...Read more
Do men usually go back to the exam room with their wife or girlfriend when they get their full physical & pelvic exam?
1st gyne exam: You'll want to let the doctor know it's your 1st exam. Stay dressed to meet ; talk. The doctor will have you undress, lay back ; put your feet in "stirrups". He/she will gently examine the outside, place a "speculum" in the vagina to hold the walls open to be examined, look at the cervix ; finally place 1 or 2 lubricated fingers inside to feel the uterus ; ovaries. Ideally, this will not hurt. ...Read more
Not needed: Sedation will not be needed. Hopefully your Obgyn is used to dealing with people for their first exam. That makes a big difference. Fear and anxiety cause people to tense up and tighten their muscles making it more challenging. Staying calm and staying relaxed is key. A good doctor should be able to guide you through this and make it painless and easy. ...Read more
I had a pelvic exam, first one, after procedure, I was told I spotted a little, is that normal? I had no spotting since.
Don't worry: listen to your doctor who said it is ok. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How often should i check for the iud string in my vagina?
- I have pain in the bone of my right elbow what should i do
- I have a brown spot in my left eye will it go away or should i see the doctor
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean if the doctor tells me i have sugar in my urine while pregnant?
- Should i go to the doctor if i have a broken blood vessel in my eye
- My 7 year old has a fever of 390 c should i take her to the hospital
- Should i wear my oxygen in the shower
- Talk to a pediatrician online