Doctor insights on:
Should I See A Shrink About My Arachnophobia
Many therapies exist: Arachnophobia is an extreme fear of spiders. It is considered a phobia if the provoked anxiety is overwhelming and functionally debilitating. Phobias that are mild can be overcome with relaxation and self-help techniques, but more intractable cases require professional help. Behavioral therapy, such as exposure therapy, and medications can be prescribed to overcome these very real difficulties. ...Read more
Fear of spiders: Very few people are fond of spiders, but if you are so afraid of them that it seems silly even to you, then you can self-diagnose arachnophobia. Phobias are easy for a skilled mental health expert to treat, but don't try to understand them; i know one physician who self-cured fear of heights by learning to skydive. Good luck. ...Read more
Start with general: Anxiety management strategies and daily living habits for overall improved stress management and skill development including visual imagery. Then apply these strategies to graduated 'exposure' to the thoughts and viewings of spiders until you are more comfortable/less terrified. Try 'the relaxation and stress reduction workbook.' if not sufficient success, seek professional help. Best regards. ...Read more
Interferes with life: Phobias are fears that are out of proportion to the object of fear. You should consider seeing a doc if this fear is interfering with your ability to perform normally. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Should i see a doctor or a podiatrist about my ingrown toe nail
- What sort of doctor should i see first about a lump in my breast?
- Should i see doctor about pain in the middle of my chest and what could it be
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What color gums should i be concerned about and go see a dentist?
- What doctor do i see about my spleen?
- Should i see a gastroenterologist
- Facts about arachnophobia
- Should i see my reg doctor or a cardiologist about my palpitations