Doctor insights on:
Surgery And Low Hemoglobin Levels
Why is it low.: This is an impossible question to answer without more information. How low is it, how old are you, has a physician figured out why it is low, what is the surgery. As you can see this is to complex an issue to any in a forum such as this what you need to do is talk to the surgeon scheduled to do your procedure and come up with a plan. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
12.4?: If you mean 12.4 then it is normal. 124 definitely would not be ...Read more
I am 18 years old. I had my first period when i was 11. I have always gotten my periods with two month gaps between consecutive periods. I also recently found that my hemoglobin level is low. Is it directly related? Will it affect me in the future? I take
Tell us more: Please send us the report of your Blood counts(CBC). This will tell me the Hemoglobin(Hb) level and then give you better advice. Do you have a family doctor? What did he/she advice regarding your low Hb? It may be due to iron deficiency which is quite common. But this will require checking your blood Iron level and treat it if it low.. Let us know more. ...Read more
Anemia...: Anemia (low hemoglobin) is caused by the body losing blood (heavy periods, blood in stool), red blood cell instability (hemoglobinopathies), destruction (hemolysis), the bodies inability to produce new red blood cells (iron deficiency, for example), or a combination of these. Many causes of anemia are treatable, and some are inherited (sickle cell). Rarer causes include cancer. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Varied...: Symptoms common to many types of anemia (low hemoglobin) include the following: easy fatigue and loss of energy, rapid heart beat, (particularly with exercise), shortness of breath, headache, difficulty concentrating, dizziness, pale skin, leg cramps, and insomnia. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- If my hcg level is 21000 what should i be able to see
- Should i be worried if my prostate is twice the normal size
- Should i be concerned if one of my testicles is much larger than the other
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it bad if i postpone my hallux rigidus surgery for a month?
- What should i do if my penile implant is beginning to break through the skin?
- What should i do if my baby is squirming on the changing table?
- What should i do if my sugar count is low?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free