Doctor insights on:
Should I Insist On Endoscopy To Be Sure I Dont Have Ulcers
Not necessary: Discuss with your doctor. Depending upon your symptoms doctor may decide to proceed with it. ...Read more
I have a black and tarry stool. at the same time i have a constipation; but after endoscopy i don't have an ulcer. what is the main reason to have a black stool and constipation if not an ulcer?
See below: Generally black tarry stool indicates upper gastrointestinal bleeding. Iron supplements and bismuth subsalicylate(Pepto-Bismal) can also turn stool black, although usually not tarry. If the endoscopy was normal you may be bleeding from the small intestine from Vascular anomalies( Angiodysplasia). Special studies are needed to diagnose these. Speak with your GI specialist. ...Read more
Is there any way other than endoscopy to diagnose a stomach ulcer? I'm pregnant and my doctors don't want to do one right now.
No: you would need sedation and I suggest that you follow medical advice:NO SEDATION ...Read more
Know what u Rx. C MD: Short term rx without evaluation may be ok (see the disclaimer on Prilosec otc-do not use for more than 2 weeks without seeing md-for evaluation). That's because the meds may relieve or mask symptoms of more serious issues, like ulcers, or cancers. Ulcers usually due to bact infection. Rx is to treat infection, not just take acid reducer. Ulcers can bleed, perforate, or can be ulcerated ca. C md. ...Read more
Ideal study to do so: An Endoscopy gives a Gastroenterologist a chance to view the lining of your Esophagus, Stomach, and the early section of your small intestines (the Duodenum) with a light and camera. Images can be displayed in a television in the study suite, and the lining of all those areas can be seen clearly to determine the best sites for biopsy or the need to remove suspicious lesions (i.e polyps). Be well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have a cyst on my scalp should i be concerned or need to get it drained
- How long should i wait after having gall bladder surgery to lay on my stomach?
- I have bumps on my tant going into my vagina and they dont hurt what could it be
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I have bump on my bicep attached to the bone could this be cancer
- If i have surgery for my gynecomastia will i be able to run on a treadmill
- If i have a bone spur on my heel must it be cut off to get cure of the pain
- What test should my wife and i have if we are planning on tryin to have a baby?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online