Doctor insights on:
Should I Go To A Plastic Surgeon Or A Dermatologist For Removing Acne Scars
A common human skin disease characterized by areas of scaly red skin (seborrhea) with blackheads/whiteheads (comedones) , pinheads (papules), large papules (nodules), pimples & possibly scarring. Occurs mostly on face, upper chest & back. Treated with benzoyl peroxide, salicylic ...Read more
Should i go to a cosmetic plastic surgeon, dermatolgist or esthetician for acne scar/hyperpigmentation. I would like laser produces or peels done.
See a Specialist: You should see either a dermatologist or cosmetic surgeon who specializes in acne scarring, cosmetic surgery and lasers. They would own many lasers and have many years of experience treating acne scarring, hyperpigmentation and other disorders. Chemical acid peels do not work as well as lasers but some doctors do not own any lasers and only offer chemical peels. But lasers cost more. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is derma roller commonly offered as a procedure in dermatologists' offices--or is it an "at home" treatment? For scar tissues and/or acne scars
Evaluation: If you have your acne under control that's step one, speak to a dermatologist who is involved with laser resurfacing. This type of laser will remove several layers of skin down to the dermis and will allow for the healing to reduce the visability of your scars. The scars normally do not go away 100% but very good results can be accomplished. ...Read more
YES HE/SHE CAN: Yes a dermatologist can help you.Get a more detailed answer ›
Have to be on Accutane for one month maybe 2 months depending on my dermatologist , does it cure acne scars?
Sorry, no.: Accurate reduces acne outbreaks that can lead to new scars, but does not remove or reduce old scars. Scars (caused by any process or injury) are permanent and require other surgical intervention for improvement, such as dermabrasion or laser resurfacing. However, Accutane can lead to increased risks of scarring with surgeries performed within a year or longer after its use, so beware! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Should i go to a dermatologist for my acne
- I have a lazy eye should i go to an ophthalmologist or to an optometrist
- I have been bleeding for a month after miscarriage should i go to the doctor
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If i am having chest pain for a week should i go to the er
- Why do i need to go see a dermatologist for papules?
- Should i take my inhalor before i go in to see the doctor for a check up
- Where do i go to get a lower body lift done at a plastic surgeon
- Talk to a dermatologist online