Doctor insights on:
Should I Give My Baby A Regular Bath Or A Sponge Bath To Lower His Fever
Is it safe to give an 8 month old baby Infant Tylenol every day during teething to help with teething pain & discomfort? Baby's weight is 18 lbs.
No: Fever is good, as it helps the body fight off infection. As long as baby looks happy and playful, you don't need to treat the fever at all. If s/he is fussy (and over 2 months), you can give Acetaminophen (tylenol). If it is bathtime and baby looks fine despite a fever, there is no reason s/he can't take a bath -- but no need to give the bath to specifically to lower the fever. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Never! : If by baby you mean a child less than a year, then never! babies don't need bubbles, they don't need perfumes, they don't need detergents, they hardly need " soap" at all! your babies skin will be healthiest with minimal bathing, every other day or so. If it smells good, don't use it! i recommend an organic body bar for my pediatric patients that comes from the middle of nowhere in montana. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
One every 4 hr.s: Check with your pediatrician for the proper dosage and medication your baby's age and weight. Follow manufactures recommendations on the package. Could there be another cause for your baby's fever? You should have the baby checked for another source of infection. ( ear infections are also very common). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Dose of acetaminophe: The dose is 0.8 ml of drops, can be given every 4 hours if needed for temp. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What steps should i follow when giving my baby a sponge bath?
- How times per day should i give my baby a bath?
- Should i take my baby to the doctor if she has a fever over 100 degrees
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When can i give my baby a bubble bath
- Can i give my baby a bath with a burst eardrum?
- When should i take my baby to the doctor for a fever
- My seven year old has a headache and fever what should i give him
- Talk to a dermatologist online