Doctor insights on:
Should I Get A Massage Or A Chiropractic Treatment For My Knee Strain
Neither?: A sprain of the knee ususally needs rest, ice, perhaps compression and elevation along with perhaps splinting and use of crutches. Rice therapy. After the initial insult and it is tolerable, range of motion exercises and therapy may be needed. You may need to see a physical therapist. There are other modalities to use. Massage may calm you but it is not mainstay of therapy. ? Chiropractic. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No health insurance and I was refurred to physical therapy for my knee sprain. Can I do my own therapy at home by looking up workouts online?
Better for PT: It is pretty easy to make mistakes or accidentally cheat on doing stretches and also easy to misdiagnose yourself and do the wrong stretches, or do the right stretches poorly when looking things up on the internet. Even if you have to pay out of pocket, better to see pt 1-2 times to get it right. Just make clear in advance what your finance limitations are and goals for the session to limit cost. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is meloxicam good for treatment of pain associated with glute tears/strains?
Im taking 7.5mg 2x / day.
I take as nec for arth knee.
I have a muscle strain on the outer side of my left thigh about halfway between the knee and hip. It was started by overuse. What is best treatment?
Outer hip strain: Rest, ice, elevation, NSAIDS( motrin ,aleve if no contraindications) , massage, possibly muscle relaxant and kinesiotaping.. If knee pain there may be elements of iliotibial band syndrome. .As the acute pain resolves consider stretches. Follow with doctor/urgent care/ orthopedist. ...Read more
I had knee sprain for so long time already. It doesn't cured. Can I do light exercises such as dance and swimming?
Knee strain: I understand your frustration. Do not become VICTIM of your pain, swelling or some limitations. Make DVD of your activities prior to knee strain-walking, jogging, hiking, swimming, different kinds of dancing, sports; put music and narration with your creativity-Love your Knee. See Orthopedic Specialist, have MRI for status of knee, discuss P.T., Medications, ultrasound, dance and swimming. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Should i get surgery or a second aspiration for my ganglion cyst
- I have a cyst on my scalp should i be concerned or need to get it drained
- Should i get my ganglion cyst surgically removed or drop a book on it
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My child does not imitate sounds or babbles should i get a hearing test done
- How much should i squat for my legs to get bigger as a woman?
- How long should it take for my clindamycin to get rid of a tooth infection?
- I have a twitch in my thigh muscle for 3 days now how do i get rid of it
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free