Doctor insights on:
Should I Empty My Bladder After Sex
The bladder is a muscular organ in the pelvis that accepts urine from the kidneys, stores the urine at low pressure, & expels the urine during voluntary voiding. Though seemingly a simple reservoir, the bladder is a complex organ intricately connected with the brain and spinal cord with sensory, motor, and autonomic circuits. The muscular layer that contracts during voids ...Read more
Yes: The female urethra is the "tube" that allows urine to pass from the bladder to the outside when one urinates. This opening is above the vaginal opening. This "tube" is short in length compared to a male. During intercourse bacteria can be introduced into it, and reach the bladder more easily because of its short length. Follow up with a physician for further recommendations. ...Read more
Short urethra: The primary reason is a short distance between the outside of the urethra (where the urine comes out) and the bladder. The bladder is sterile (no bacteria normally), whereas the vagina (where the urethra exits from) is in the midst of billions of bacteria. The act of sex pushes skin cells and bacteria into the bladder. Urinating immediately afer sex is very important to avoid an infection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Rule out UTI: Burning sensation with urination is a common symptom of a uti. Also sex when you have an otherwise non-symptomatic UTI could provoke symptom of burning. Thus suggest a urinalysis. Need to consider that prolonged intercourse, different partner & size/girth of penis may be factors. ...Read more
I urinate before and after sex and still get frequent bladder infections, i shower daily and I do wipe front to back. Why does this happen?
There are : Other things to try but this needs to be explored with a urologist. ...Read more
I have been sexually active for a few months now and I have been realizing that lately I got a stomachache after sex, is this normal? Also the last time we were having intercourse I felt pain I couldn't tell if it was my bladder hurting, ovaries, or stoma
Pain: yes it is particularly when it is rough. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should i wait after having gall bladder surgery to lay on my stomach?
- After having oral sex im not feeling well what should i tell my boyfriend
- How long should my uti take to clear up after i start antibiotics?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- After sex i have clear warm fluid coming from my vaginal
- My mouth is hurting after a filling what should i do for pain
- How many hours after a dental filling should i wait before brushing my teeth?
- Today i had heavy vaginal bleeding after sex is it just my period
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free