Doctor insights on:
Should I Check In To A Mental Hospital Can I Get Myself Out
No way to know: Without knowing what your concerns are, it is impossible to answer your qauestion. If one "checks in" voluntarily, usually one can "check out" voluntarily too. The exception would be if you describe serious suicidal intent or a plan to harm other people, which would compel you caregivers to seek enforced hospitalization. ...Read more
Voluntary or otherwi: You can check in voluntarily or a family member can check you in. Sometimes order of the court is needed for commitment. ...Read more
Dangerousness: Each state in the us has laws specifying when someone can be "involuntarily committed." in the 1960s and 70s the states all adopted variations on a dangerousness standard, ie., suicidal or homicidal, plus in some states "grave disability", i.E, . Inability to provide food/clothing/shelter for oneself. Depending on the state, there is usually a review by a judge after a few days. ...Read more
Possibly: The provider will assess to see if admission criteria are met. Possible reasons for admission include: suicidal or homicidal thoughts, inability to function (daily life activities), loss of touch with reality or sometimes - failure of outpatient treatment. ...Read more
Should I go into the mental hospital today to get my psychosis treated? What do I have to do to get in? How long will it take to get in? Some tips?
In most states: one way is going to the emergency room will suffice. While there, a mental health worker will take down your information, find a psychiatric hospital that's suitable for your needs and have you transported (some of the time, depends on the situation). All you do is show up and tell what's wrong. The ER can take hours or minutes of waiting; maybe bring a book to read. You can also see your MD. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can i do to get rid of pain in my left elbow whenever i throw a baseball?
- Can i check myself to see if i have a hernia?
- What can do to get my period if i havent had in a year?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How can i get back to exercising after a long time in order to lose weight?
- What can i do in order not to get germs in a shared toilet among 6 other people?
- What kind of tests can i take to find out whether there is a block in my heart?
- Should i take my inhalor before i go in to see the doctor for a check up
- Can i do a walk in to get a check up?