Doctor insights on:
Should I Be Worried If I Had Ventriculomegaly When I Was Little
Fluid space in brain: Brain has fluid spaces, the bilateral lateral ventricles , consisting of frontal (anterior) horns, atrium or body, temporal horns, and occipital horns. Other ventricles are 3rd ; 4thventriculomegaly means enlargement of ventricles and frontal ventriculomegaly specifically frontal horns.Enlargement sometimes comes from loss of brain substance( atrophy) or relative obstruction to drainage of centric. ...Read more
Hard to say: The need for shunting is a specific determination made only after reviewing all the data at hand. Since no member on the site has access to all the information, you need to proceed based on the recommendations of those who have it.If a 2nd opinion is what you need to feel good about proceeding, get it done. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Mri impression reads - "involutional changes and ventriculomegaly as well as bifrontal white matter change which have prominently progressed compared?
Discuss: Discuss this with your doctor and ask to see a neurologist. I am so sorry for your trouble. All the best. ...Read more
Can you tell me what is atrophic changes in brain for 9 months old kid, with megacephaly - ventriculomegaly?
MR/CT brain changes: Megacephaly means enlarged brain. Ventriculomegally is enlarged fluid containing structures in central portions of the brain. Icncreased spaces between sulci in peripher of brain may indicate associated brain atrophy. ...Read more
Mild cerebral and cerebellar atropy, mild ventriculomegaly and mild periventricular ischaemic white matter pallor at the age of 55?
I have a 2 year old daughter who was diagnosed with venrticulomegaly & was wondering if there are sugerys that can help her ?
What is the prognosis for a fetus that has been diagnosed with borderline, isolated unilateral verticulomegaly?
Typically good: Although this can be a sign of underlying genetic abnormality, unilateral borderline enlargement of the brain ventricles usually resolves. A follow-up sonogram in 2-4 wks should be done. Referral to a high-risk doctor for consultation should be done if it is not resolved by that follow-up scan. ...Read more
A few days ago I had a little brown slimy when I wiped myself when I used the restroom. The nest day, it happened again, but this time it was very light brown. I´ve had never had this happen to me & I am worried! What could this mean? reply asap
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Sometimes i get a sour taste in my mouth when i bend over should i be worried
- Should i be worried if there is clear fluid leaking from my abdomen but no wound
- Should i be worried if my prostate is twice the normal size
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- My ovary had something that sounds like a fibroadenoma should i be worried
- I noticed my stool was in green color with black spots in it should i be worried
- Should i be worried if my child has dark circles under his eyes
- Tick bite when should i be worried about this
- If i had a hernia removed when i was little can it reappear in the same spot