Doctor insights on:
Should I Be Concerned That My Baby Is Not Babbling At 6 Months
How come some babies giggle more than others? My baby is 6 months and is always smiling and babbling but giggling .. Not so much.. Is this normal?
She may just have: A quiet temperament. She should be able to laugh out loud, blow "raspberries" (" bronx cheer"), fake a cough, & babble strings of consonant-vowel sounds. Look for reciprocal social communication (mimicking your sounds while you're looking at each other), raising her arms to be picked up, the ability to learn behaviors, & stranger anxiety.See the healthy child section at aap.Org. Or firstsigns.Org. ...Read more
If a baby starts cooing/babbling around a year & then makes consonant sounds around 18 months, when should they say an actual word?
Needs evaluation: I would suggest speech evaluation and hearing testing. If hearing is normal we could work on speech improvement.With speech stimulation and speech therapy there can be a more rapid improvement in speech. So when a child does not follow a regular normal pattern, a lot depends on the diagnostic and corrective measures applied, These measures determine how much and how fast improvement is seen ...Read more
My baby girl is now 3 months but she hasnt baby babbling properly yet. Is this bad? Should I be worried. She is alert and responsive otherwise tho?
Too young to babble: A 10-week old baby is not at the babbling stage yet. Babies at 2-3 months usually make cooing sounds and maybe squealing sounds once in a while. Babbling is the 2-3 syllable sounds babies make before they start saying "dada" or "baba". Babbling might start at 6-9 months. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What age does a baby point? My 9 month old follows where i point, but doesn't point at objects. He can clap, babble, and wave. Is this normal?
My 8-m baby has sucked her bottom lip since she was 4-m old. she didn't make babble sound like other do. Is sucking lip impact on speech development?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Should i be concerned if my poop is green
- Should i be very concerned with the bump on my gums
- Should i be concerned that my tsh level is at 002
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When should i be concerned with blood in my stool
- What should i do if my 6 month baby does not want to drink any form of formula?
- Should i be concerned about frequent spotting during the month
- How much should my baby weigh at six months?
- Should i be concerned if my babys head stops growing