Doctor insights on:
Should Everyone Wear A Medical Alert Bracelet
Can't hurt: Hi. In all honesty, it can't hurt. But unless you're taking insulin and have a high risk of hypoglycemia, you're probably OK without it. I'm a type 1, and when I was young my Mom always wanted me to wear one. I'm just not a jewelry person, and never have worn one. So I leave it up to patients. Stay in tight control and live healthily! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Shrimp allergy is a potentially life threatening allergic reactions to shrimp. The evaluation of food allergy requires a detailed history to confirm the reaction and confirmatory skin test / lab test and possible oral challenges. If one has a history of reacting to shrimp (or any food) and this is confirmed by an allergy evaluation and testing then tx includes: avoidance, Epipen and medic alert. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Yes, as long as it doesn't look decorative only in which case it would be overlooked as a medical alert. ...Read more
Yes: Patients with severe allergies are encouraged to purchase and wear medical alert bracelets or necklaces. This is especially important for those with allergies to medications, bee stings, latex and foods. During a severe reaction, a person may not be able to communicate there allergies and er docs, etc will check for these bracelets. There are many choices. Try http://www.Laurenshope.Com/. ...Read more
To indicate their: Prescribed dose of amphetamine (adderall, vyvanse, dexedrine) stimulants because many states require er's & trauma centers to screen drivers & passengers in motor vehicle accidents for drugs. Also, some non-stimulants(tenex, intuniv, catapres, capvay) lower blood pressure & rebound hypertension can occur if they'e discontinued abruptly. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What is the name of the symbol you see on a medical alert bracelet with a snake wrapped around a rod?
Caduceus: Caduceus.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Should i wear shoes with a broken little toe
- Should you wear a jockstrap when you workout
- Which kind of brace should you wear for a meniscus tear
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How old should be to wear a bra im nine and small?
- How long should a baby to wear an eye patch to correct a lazy eye?
- Lymphedema medical alert bracelet
- When should i seek medical attention for a finger injury
- If my spleen has been removed should i wear a medical bracelet