Doctor insights on:
Should Be Sanitize Their Hands Before Holding A Baby
No: If a parent is going to hold his/her own baby, there is no need to sanitize the parent's hands (unless the parent is ill, such as having cold symptoms), because parents and babies in the same household already share the same "germs". Normal handwashing is a good habit, such as handwashing after playing with pets, after using the bathroom, after gardening, etc . . .. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No: Rub hands well so they are dry. ...Read more
Yes: As a rule, always have anyone that holds your baby either wash their hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer. If you feel uncomfortable asking people to do so, place a cute card in the bassinet or crib stating , "i am a clean baby, please wash your hands before you pick me up" and have the sanitizer close by! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I forgot that I had put hand sanitizer on my hands, and let my baby suck my finger for a few seconds before realizing what I did. Will my baby be ok?
No: Hand sanitizer is mostly alcohol and remember babies tend to put their hand in their mouth, and they can also absorb the alcohol from thier skin. Alcohol irritates the delicate skin of babies. In most instances soap and water will do just fine to clean little hands. If you must use it put it on your hands first and then apply to your babys hands. Always read warning labels on any product you use! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Put hand sanitizer on outside of cheese while still sealed w/ plastic. Went to eat some & it tasted like hand sanitizer.19 w preg. Could it hurt baby?
Minimal ingestion: I think you will be fine; obviously there are no studies on this to guarantee the lack of harm, but it's highly unlikely with such a small amount. The only known harm is likely the small amount of alcohol in the sanitizer, but your pregnancy is so far enough along that this should not matter. Relax. It's going to be fine. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How far should a humidifier be from a sleeping baby?
- Should raw eggs and milk be consumed before or after a workout
- Will my baby be ok if i took a diazepam before i was pregnant
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How old should a young male be before he masturbates?
- How high should my babies fever be before i call the doctor?
- How many times a day should my baby be going to the bathroom?
- Should i be worried if i feel my baby move less than 10 times a day
- How long should i be off of norco before having a baby?