Doctor insights on:
Should All Children Have Their Tonsils Removed
I removed a tonsil stone last night. Will the whole left behind ever close? Im worried that every time I eat food will get in it.
Is it common for children to sweat a lot whilst sleeping whether its during the day or night. My 4yr old had her tonsils and adeniods removed a wk ago?
ENT Dr, can evaluate: The more common reasons for getting tonsils removed are: snoring, sleep apnea, frequent tonsil infections, and persistently enlarged tonsils with "crypts", which are holes containing pieces of firm whitish stuff. An ENT doctor (otorhinolaryngologist - ear nose throat doctor) can evaluate and make recommendations. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on the why: There are many good reasons for having one's tonsils removed. There are also plenty of bad reasons. If you visit with an ENT s/he can explain whether you fit one of the indications (good reasons) for surgery. You didn't give any information about symptoms/problems in your throat but frequent infections, complicated infections, abnormal size and bad breath are among the reasons to do tonsillectomy. ...Read more
Incomplete removal: Tonsil tissue has the ability to regenerate if it is not completely removed during surgery. Even a very tiny amount of tissue can cause them to grow back. However, this isn't a common occurrence. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Should adults have their tonsils removed
- My child has pandas should he have his tonsils removed
- Reasons for having tonsils removed
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are symptoms to have tonsils removed?
- Is it good to have your tonsils removed?
- The effects of having your tonsils removed
- Is having your tonsils removed dangerous?
- Talk to a pediatrician online