Doctor insights on:
Early cold sore?: I am very impressed you used the word "philtrum"--i have not used or heard of that word from anyone in a very long time. Anyhow, cold sore can come out on/at or near this area and can start out as tingly sensation. Because the nerve also controls the health of your skin, this "pending area" is affected and skin can dry out/die quicker, hence flaking. If worsening, consult doc. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Small philtrum....: There is no discrete "problem" that arises from a small philtrum except as it affects the overall shape of your lip and how the upper lip everts. If you are having an issue you think is related, you may wish to consult with a facial plastics or reconstructive surgeon. ...Read more
What to do if I had my philtrum/medusa pierced about a month and a half ago, lately it's been swelling on and off.. tips?
Philtral pimple: Could be deveoplmental retention cyst. See a boarded Plastic Surgeron for evaluation. ...Read more
Hi doc, about three days ago my philtrum is swollen, and these day seems growing bigger, touch like a knot, it's pain when I press it, plz help.tks.
Front teeth tender?: Are you front teeth tender at all? An abscess on a front tooth can cause a swelling in the location you describe. Also, there can be benign cysts that develop between the two front teeth. You should consider seeing a dentist to rule out that this isn't a tooth issue. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- My period is shorter than usual
- My period was lighter and shorter than usual
- Can you take birth control while on your period will it last longer or shorter?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are these short sharp bursts of pain in my head something serious?
- Why am i short of breath if my oxygen saturation is good?
- My period was early and short
- Short period with brown blood
- Talk to a dermatologist online