Doctor insights on:
Short Achilles Tendon
I was born with my left femur 15mm shorter. As a result my achilles' tendon has tightened so much that my heel now sits 2in off ground. Please advise?
There are ways to : Fix this. My question would be has the problem recently been worse as if you are 39 have you tried to correct the problem before or only recently has it worsened? The achilles/gastroc complex can be strethced, lengthened, the femur can be lengthened. I would recommend a consult with an orthopedist to explore all your options. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I have a partial tear in my Achilles tendon and was told to get a walking boot. Should i get a short or tall walking boot?
Pain: A full achille's tendon tear causes severe pain in the back of your leg, difficulty walking on the affected leg and possibly a "snapping" sound at the time of injury. A partial tear will cause pain and weakness in the affected leg. You need to see a doctor for further evaluation and treatment if you have these symptoms. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Short achilles tendon symptoms
- Achilles tendon popping sound
- Achilles tendon lengthening surgery recovery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of achilles tendon cramps
- Cures for burning sensation in achilles tendon
- How long does a ruptured achilles tendon take to heal after treatment?
- Achilles tendon
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free