Doctor insights on:
Short Achilles Tendon
I was born with my left femur 15mm shorter. As a result my achilles' tendon has tightened so much that my heel now sits 2in off ground. Please advise?
There are ways to : Fix this. My question would be has the problem recently been worse as if you are 39 have you tried to correct the problem before or only recently has it worsened? The achilles/gastroc complex can be strethced, lengthened, the femur can be lengthened. I would recommend a consult with an orthopedist to explore all your options. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I have a partial tear in my Achilles tendon and was told to get a walking boot. Should i get a short or tall walking boot?
You could: Achilles tendon rupture can result from an injury, and the degree of pain and disability depends on how extensive the tear is. Sometimes there is a palpable knot in the back or above the back of the heel, and bearing weight there is quite painful and/or difficult. See a doctor as soon as possible for a proper evaluation. Good luck! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Short achilles tendon symptoms
- Achilles tendonities
- Achilles tendon
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Dry skin on achilles tendon
- Stretched achilles tendon
- Achilles tendon thickening treatment
- Athletes with achilles tendon rupture
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free