Doctor insights on:
Shingles On The Face
Early treatment : Once you develop blisters from shingles (or even before) is the best time to treat shingles with oral and topical treatments. Once the blisters scab up and start to heal , it is still important to use a cream or ointment , whether it is silvadene or an other antibiotic ointment (e.g. Polysporin). The application of a topical will maximize healing and minimize scarring. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Complicated shingles: Shingles complicated by a bacterial infection such as impetigo would benefit from a combination of prescription medications. Pain management and avoidance of touching it as much as possible are preventative measures to take while you are waiting for evaluation. Use new facial towels daily and wash them in very hot water! ...Read more
Neuralgia: By now, the shingles lesions should have gone away, possibly leaving marks but with no blisters, ulcers, or scabs. The pain you're experiencing is post-herpetic neuralgia, which can persist even after the shingles has resolved. There are pain medications, such as gabapentin, as well as topical creams and ointments that can help. See your doctor. ...Read more
My boyfriend is 26 years old and just found out he has shingles on his face. We are going to mexico in less then a month. Is it safe for him to go?
My grandson had a bad case of roseola 2 weeks ago. I now have shingles on my face. Could I have got shingles from him?
I have shingles on my face and wondering if kissing my wife who has had chickenpox before can catch shingles from me from kissing.
Was diagnosed with shingles on my face yesterday, noticed new blisters on day 7, is this common? They seem less severe.
Best method to prevent scars?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does shingles pain on face last after the rash has healed?
- What does shingles look like on the face?
- What causes shingles on the face?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take for cuts on the face to heal?
- Does drinking alcohol cause broken blood vessels on the face?
- How do you get rid of large bumps under the skin on the face?
- Twitching on the left side of my face
- Talk to a dermatologist online