Doctor insights on:
Shingles And Thyroid
Had shingles twice&"reactivated mono" twice currently showing epstein barr virus elevated now also have spleen that is 13 CM & low thyroid? What is it
Complicated: It is possible, but unlikely, that all of these things are necessarily related. If you truly had ebv infection (serology may be difficult to interpret), the splenic size may be related to this. Would strongly recommend that you see a primary care physician and be evaluated. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I suggest: You rethink and meet with a live doctor to help you sort this out, you are 99.99% mistaken. ...Read more
Nothing if treated!: If treated appropriately, you do not have to have any long-term consequences from hyperthyroidism. If left untreated, the most serious concern is a heart problem like rapid or irregular heartbeat. Longstanding hyperthyroidism can cause osteoporosis (fragile bones) and fractures. If untreated, other issues can be psychiatric disease, weight loss, trouble sleeping, or eye disease. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can thyroid nodules cause pain in your throat and ears?
- Low thyroid causes cold hands and warm face
- Can thyroid problems cause dizziness and lightheaded feelings?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Honey and cinnamon for thyroid
- What is the red and blue that shows up on a thyroid ultrasound?
- Dry throat and mouth caused by thyroid problems
- Thyroid problem and strong urine smell
- Talk to a dermatologist online