Doctor insights on:
Shingles And Kidney Disease
Is it necessary to take valacyclovir 3 grams daily for shingles? I'm afraid of the dangerous side effects on kidneys as kidney disease runs in my fam.
The kidneys are paired organs that lie on either side of the vertebral column. Part of their critical functions include the excretion of urine and removal of nitrogenous wastes products from the blood. They regulate acid-base, electrolyte, fluid balance and blood pressure. Through hormonal signals, the kidneys control the ...Read more
Vague: Kidney failure is notorious for causing very vague nebulous symptoms sometimes like, fatigue, insomnia, nausea, decreased appetite, metallic taste in the mouth, etc. I have a more comprehensive list on my blog at http://www.Kidneydoctorbradenton.Org/2013/04/what-are-signs-and-symptoms-of-ckd.Html. ...Read more
Decreased Urination: Acute kidney disease represents an attack against the attack usually from profound dehydration, nephrotoxic agents like antibiotics or from bacterial infections. The symptoms range from decrease in urine output, nausea and loss of appetite. The most critical side effect is rapid increase in potassium that can be very dangerous. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Lowering BP: Please learn the root cause of your kidney disease and high BP - if possible, remedy root causes. Meanwhile, achieve ideal weight, don't smoke, avoid salt, avoid saturated fats, avoid sugar, breads, pizza, muffins; eat mostly fruit, veggies, whole grain, egg whites; avoid animal fat; fish is good; poultry is fine; no skin; no fried food; nuts excellent; exercise twice daily; ask doc about ACEI rx ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is the difference between multicystic kidneys and polycystic kidney disease?
- What causes leg numbness and pain with kidney disease?
- Relief from itching and hives due to kidney failure disease
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Alpha lipoic acid and kidney disease
- Water filled blisters and kidney disease
- Raw juicing and chronic kidney disease
- Polycystic kidney disease and polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Talk to a dermatologist online