Doctor insights on:
Shingles And Herpes
Herpes simplex: Shingles is also called herpes zoster, but the two viruses are completely different. Shingles is recurrence of the varicella-zoster virus which causes chickenpox. Herpes simplex produces mucocutaneous lesions on the skin and mucous membranes usually of the mouth and genetalia. Shingles occurs on one dermatome of the skin. ...Read more
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
Shingles and herpes: Both are from the herpes group of viruses. Herpes simplex type 1 and 2 usually occurs at or near the place of innoculation like the lips or the genetalia. It can recur often. Shingles usually occurs only once and the rash appears in a dermatome(course of a nerve) like along an arm, a side of a face, etc. All forms can cause blisters, itching and pain. ...Read more
Reoccuring rash (small blisters)on right buttock, tested for herpes, I do not have herpes. If not shingles or herpes what could it be?
Celiac?: A number of conditions can cause lesions like you describe. See a dermatologist. ...Read more
Five years ago i had some blisters on my leg. I went to see 2different doctor and both conclude it was shingles. After i did a blood test and they came back hsv2 positive? Do I have shingles or herpes
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are shingles and herpes the same thing?
- Is shingles and herpes hsv 1 the same thing?
- Describe the cause symptoms and treatment for herpes zoster shingles
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between shingles and herpes?
- Herpes and shingles connection
- Is herpes and shingles the same thing?
- Shingles and herpes zoster
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free