Doctor insights on:
Shingles And Famciclovir
I just finished a 6 day treatment (Famciclovir) for herpes zoster and i feel fine just small fatigue but i cannot smell or taste anything. how come?
Uncertain: Famiclovir has not been described to cause the side effects you are describing. 32 years is relatively young to be suffering from zoster. You should see your doctor for a proper evaluation. ...Read more
Doctor says I have a mild case of shingles. Pain on saturday then diagnosis on thursday with2 ( now 3 ) bumps on left side. Would i be ok w/o famvir ?
Herpes infections: The indications for using Famciclovir include: treatment of herpes zoster (shingles), herpes simplex virus 2 (genital herpes), herpes labialis (cold sores) in immunocompetent patients, for the suppression of recurring episodes of herpes simplex virus 2, etc... However, doctors may use the anti-viral for other infections if there is good reason to believe it is helpful. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Sciatica and shingles
- Shingles and menstrual cycle
- Are shingles and herpes the same thing?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Kidney failure and shingles
- What is the difference between chickenpox and shingles?
- Shingles and hypothyroidism
- How long do i need to be off humira both before and after a shingles vaccination?
- Talk to a dermatologist online