Doctor insights on:
Shark Cartilage Rheumatoid Arthritis
Cartilage is a specialized type of tissue found in joints and areas that two bones come together. It is made up of specialized cells that live in the midst of proteins and sugars that absorb and release water similar to a sponge. Healthy cartilage helps decrease friction in joints, absorbs shock and protects the ends of the bone. Degradation of ...Read more
I have rheumatoid arthritis and 4 meds have been tried but only prednisone relieves pain, will it also help cartlige?
Can rheumatoid arthritis be diagnosed through MRI. I have bilateral knee effusion and loss of cartilage in 3TMRI. rest is normal. What arthritis is it?
Autoimmune: rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease which causes bone erosion that does not affect the cartilage it is an actual bone demise not connective tissue demise. A plain film of the bones will usually suffice as well as lab tests that indicate elevated said rate and rheumatoid factor positivity in addition to other markers to make the diagnosis. It is not normally diagnosed on MRI ...Read more
Different arthritis: There are over 100-150 different types of arthritis, maybe more. These are two separate types of arthritis. Rheumatoid is an inflammatory type of arthritis, with inflammation in the joints and actually in other areas of the body. Inflammation has leukocytic infiltration, redness, heat, capillary dilatation, and pain. Osteoarthritis is more like wear and tear arthritis - mechanical type ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- What does rheumatoid arthritis look like hands fingers?
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Any relationship between agent orange and rheumatoid arthritis
- Stop taking antihistamine for rheumatoid arthritis
- Can rheumatoid arthritis cause rapid weight gain?
- How can rheumatoid arthritis pain follow my menstrual cycle?
- Talk to a rheumatologist online for free