Doctor insights on:
Sex After Hip Replacement
Total hip replacement: surgery in which the diseased ball and socket of the hip joint are completely removed and replaced with artificial materials. A metal ball with a stem (a prosthesis) is inserted into the femur (thigh bone) and an artificial plastic cup socket is placed in the acetabulum (a "cup-shaped" ...Read more
Ask your hip surgeon: Your hip replacement surgeon will know best exactly which positions are safe for your hip, so definitely ask your surgeon in the end. In general, the same guidelines provided to you by your therapist and surgeon regarding safe positions for all activities of daily living also apply to positions during sexual activity. Commonly, patients are told to avoid bending forward at the hip past 90 degrees. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Preop hip : Eat healthy, don't go on a diet, stop smoking if you smoke, get your blood levels checked and treat any underlying anemia, have yourself checked for staphylococcus colonization and get decolonized as needed, use hibiclens wipes, clean up your house to make sure its safe when you get home. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Improved pain!: Everyone progresses differently after surgery. For the most part, patients transition from a walker to a cane by 2 to 4 weeks after surgery. Hip precautions are removed by 6 weeks. Return to driving and work between 4-6 weeks. Contact your doctor to learn more! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Bottle feeding formula only children and teenagers
- Bottle feeding formula only enjoy eating slower
- How many calories does cardio burn?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Calorie intake per day for women
- Do ovulation predictor tests test positive for pregnancy?
- Moves legs and arms equally
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free