Doctor insights on:
Severed Achilles Tendon
What takes longer a severed Achilles tendon or a ruptured one? My son was in an accident where a knife fell and sliced his Achilles tendon through
My left Achilles tendon was severed by a cane knife way back in 2006. Now, my left leg is very very thin.How can I get it back to normal shape?
With no continuity: of the Achilles, there is no way to bulk up the calf. ...Read more
I am suffering from sever pain due to my left (leg)achilles tendon. Doctor suggested to go for operation (shaving off the bludg) please reply.
Abnormal "bump": A haglunds deformity is a bony enlargement on the back of the heel which may lead to a painful bursitis, which is an inflammation of the bursa (a fluid-filled sac between the tendon and bone). The soft tissue near the achilles tendon becomes irritated when the bony enlargement rubs against the back of the shoes. Have it evaluated as there are conservative and surgical options. ...Read more
I am partially paralyzed due to a stroke and my doctor wants to cut my Achilles tendon to free my foot up. Is this the only way?
You're so young: Hi! at 37 years old, i would seriously hesitate to have my achilles tendon cut. Please get a 2nd or 3rd opinion before doing something permanent. Not saying it's wrong - it's just i would explore all other options first. Acupuncture may be effective here. At least worth a try before surgery! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Achilles tendon and severs disease
- Achilles tendon popping sound
- Achilles tendon lengthening surgery recovery
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of achilles tendon cramps
- Cures for burning sensation in achilles tendon
- How long does a ruptured achilles tendon take to heal after treatment?
- Achilles tendon
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free